Themes by Topic
Maine A2 Students read fiction, nonfiction, drama, and poetry, within a grade appropriate span of text complexity.
A2.a Identify and describe settings and characters.
- Author Study: Lois Ehlert
- Author Study: Paulette Bourgeois
- Literature: "Judy Moody" by Megan McDonald
- Literature: "Mr. Popper's Penguins" by Richard and Florence Atwater
- Literature: "Out of the Dust" by Karen Hesse
- Literature: "The Velveteen Rabbit" by Margery (Williams) Bianco
- Literature: "Tonight on the Titanic" by Mary Pope Osborne
- Literature: Online Stories for Children
- Reading Tips for Parents
- Teaching Tips: Guided Reading