Themes by Topic
Maine A1 Students read and draw conclusions from texts, within a grade appropriate span of text complexity, by applying their knowledge and strategies of comprehension, vocabulary, alphabetics, and fluency.
A1.f Demonstrate comprehension of text(s) by stating connections or inferences made and stating questions or conclusions that indicate deeper understanding(s).
- Literature: "Math Curse" by Jon Scieszka and Lane Smith
- Questioning Skills: Thick and Thin Questions
- Reading Skills: Drawing Conclusions
- Reading Skills: Inference for Elementary School Students
- Reading Skills: Making Connections
- Teaching Tips: Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Teaching Tips: Guided Reading