Themes by Topic
Maine A2 Students read fiction, nonfiction, drama, and poetry, within a grade appropriate span of text complexity.
A2.g Identify the main purpose of a passage or particular parts of a passage to aid comprehension.
- Literature: "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: series by Jeff Kinney
- Literature: "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator" by Roald Dahl
- Literature: "Henry and Ribsy" by Beverly Cleary
- Literature: "Island of the Blue Dolphins" by Scott O'Dell
- Literature: "The Velveteen Rabbit" by Margery (Williams) Bianco
- Teaching Tips: Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Teaching Tips: Guided Reading