Themes by Topic
Maine A3 Students read, paraphrase, and summarize informational texts, within a grade appropriate span of text complexity, for different purposes.
A3.c Identify the main idea(s) of and details from the text which support the main idea(s) succinctly stating this information.
- Literature: "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: series by Jeff Kinney
- Literature: "Crash" by Jerry Spinelli
- Literature: "Ralph S. Mouse" by Beverly Cleary
- Literature: "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton
- Literature: "Tonight on the Titanic" by Mary Pope Osborne
- Literature: "Where the Red Fern Grows" by Wilson Rawls
- Reading Skills: Main Idea for Middle School Students
- Teaching Tips: Guided Reading