Themes by Topic
Maine A2 Students read fiction, nonfiction, drama, and poetry, within a grade appropriate span of text complexity, and analyze the characteristics noting how structural features and common literary devices help shape the reader's response.
A2.e Describe the theme of a selection, whether implied or stated directly.
- Literature Themes: Friendship
- Literature: "Hitler's Daughter" by Jackie French
- Literature: "Loser" by Jerry Spinelli
- Literature: "Ralph S. Mouse" by Beverly Cleary
- Literature: "The Butter Battle Book" by Dr. Seuss
- Literature: "The Secret Garden" by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Literature: "The Watsons Go to Birmingham --1963" by Christopher Paul Curtis
- Literature: "We Beat the Street" by Drs. Sampson Davis, Rameck Hunt, and George Jenkins