Themes by Topic
Oklahoma A.4.4 The student will read and respond to historically and culturally significant works of literature.
A.4.4.b Analyze and evaluate literature from various cultures to broaden cultural awareness.
- Literature: "Dear America: Voyage on the Great Titanic" by Ellen Emerson White
- Literature: "Number the Stars" by Lois Lowry
- Literature: "So Far From the Bamboo Grove" by Yoko Kawashima Watkins
- Literature: "Strong Right Arm: The Story of Mamie 'Peanut' Johnson" by Michelle Y. Green
- Literature: "The Golden Goblet" by Eloise Jarvis McGraws
- Literature: "Thunder Rolling in the Mountains" by Scott O'Dell
- Literature: Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder