Themes by Topic
Oklahoma A.4.2 Demonstrate knowledge of literary elements and techniques and how they affect the development of a literary work.
A.4.2.a Analyze and explain elements of fiction including plot, conflict, character, mood, setting, theme, point of view, and author's purpose.
- Author Study: Rick Riordan
- Author Study: Cheryl Harness
- Author Study: Herman Melville
- Author Study: Maya Angelou
- Author Study: Sharon Draper
- Literature Themes: Survival
- Literature: "Don Quixote" by Miguel de Cervantes
- Literature: "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte
- Literature: "Sounder" by William H. Armstrong
- Literature: "The Butter Battle Book" by Dr. Seuss
- Literature: "The Giver" by Lois Lowry
- Literature: "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton