Themes by Topic
Oklahoma A.4.4 The student will read and respond to historically and culturally significant works of literature.
A.4.4.b Analyze and determine distinctive and common characteristics of literature from various cultures to broaden cultural awareness.
- Literature: "Dear America: Voyage on the Great Titanic" by Ellen Emerson White
- Literature: "Don Quixote" by Miguel de Cervantes
- Literature: "So Far From the Bamboo Grove" by Yoko Kawashima Watkins
- Literature: "Strong Right Arm: The Story of Mamie 'Peanut' Johnson" by Michelle Y. Green
- Literature: "The Golden Goblet" by Eloise Jarvis McGraws